Cabin Amenities on the Farm
You will enjoy a host of amenities in your secluded cabin:
- A fully equipped kitchen with microwave, full size refrigerator w/ice maker, stove, pots, pans, dishes, silverware and even a blender (don't forget the margarita mix!)
- Linens & towels
- Breakfast items stocked in each cabin include farm fresh brown eggs, locally produced sourwood honey, preserves, coffee/tea/orange juice, butter, spices and a fresh baked loaf of bread.
- If you don't have time to shop for groceries because of late arrival, we have the following items in stock here to choose from: breast of chicken, pork loin chops, filet mignon, pizza, salad and baked potato. Ask about beverages. Please contact us 24 hours in advance to order any of these items.
- Catered three-course gourmet dinner available (please call one week ahead). This romantic meal is delivered to your cabin. $175/couple.
- Personalized shopping for stocking cabin with additional supplies available for a $50 fee
- Your private deck includes a hot tub, Weber gas grill and table/chairs
- A private drive with no other cabins in sight
- In-room massage is available (see packages page for details)
- Television for your DVD and VCR movies (popcorn supplied)
- Complimentary library of DVD and VCR movies (no television reception)
- Satellite radio
- Wood burning fireplace (gas in Appalachian Cottage) with a supply of firewood
- Custom built queen or king bed
- Central heat & air conditioning
- Two robes
- Fresh, clean drinking water: We have repeat folks who come back and fill their own water jugs to take home. Many years ago, old man Ledbetter and family made and exported legally licensed whisky from the farm in the nineteenth century and in order to make good whisky one needs to start with great water.
- Appalachain Cottage and Bimini Cabin are pet-friendly
- Wi-fi available at the office
Plus, enjoy these on our 92-acre farm:
- Complimentary tour of the 1826 Albertus Ledbetter House and the Spring House
- Four miles of walking and hiking trails that vary from easy to strenuous. Similar to a tropical rainforest, the abundant hardwoods create their own "canopy" which keeps the forest floor below moist and cool during the spring and hot summer with an explosion of colors when the leaves change in the cool of the fall.
- Three ponds stocked with trout, bass and brim (catch and release)
- A gazebo on stilts over two ponds. A third gazebo in the middle of the other pond is a great place for a picnic.
- Canoe and jon boat
- Signature gift items available for purchase
- Greeting by owners at check-in and their assistance throughout your stay
- Horseshoes & croquet
Read more about our 1826 Albertus Ledbetter House.
Relax in the hammocks under the gazebo on the island of
our water lily pond.
Check-in at our office.
Explore four miles of private hiking trails. Read about our new Big Rock Hiking Trail.
Driveway to your secluded cabin
Our three gazebos make a romantic setting
Picnic high on the ridge on our Big Rock Hiking Trail.